Sports massage can prevent injuries and muscle problems, whatever sport you choose. At all levels of sport, massage is a necessity and should be seen as part of training rather than a luxury, ensuring that muscles are in peak condition, aiding recovery and enhancing performance. Regular massage will help maintain good muscle condition, improve flexibility and aid lymphatic drainage.
Sports massage is a deep form of soft tissue massage, using specific techniques to treat injuries caused by physical stresses placed on the body. It is designed to enhance performance, aid recovery from training and/or injury and rebalance the body. Deep layers of muscle tissue are massaged using a variety of techniques, assisting the removal of built up lactic acid and treating soft tissue injuries.
- Used as part of a rehabilitation programme, it will speed up the recovery process on acute or chronic muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.
- Used in conjunction with an athlete’s warm up, sports massage is beneficial pre-event, whether for relaxation or stimulation, to enhance circulation and reduce muscular and mental tension.
- During competition, inter-event Sport Massage can help an athlete finish.
- Alongside a stretching and cool down programme, post-event massage can help reduce muscle spasm and build-up of lactic acid, and enhance relaxation and recovery from training and events.
Sport & Remedial Massage
A combination of auricular acupuncture and a remedial massage for those people suffering chronic pain due to muscular tension.
This treatment is only available after an auricular acupuncture Initial Consultation & Treatment session.
Sport & Remedial Massage & Auricular Acupuncture
A combination of remedial massage and auricular acupuncture for those people suffering chronic pain due to muscular tension.
This treatment is only available following an auricular acupuncture Initial Consultation & Treatment session.
1hr 15 mins
Listed below are some common conditions that can be treated effectively using Sport & Remedial Massage.
- Dance injuries
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Pregnancy related pain
– including hips and back
Remedial massage is also recommended after injuries or accidents and when problems seem to linger. Most chronic problems, such as backache, can be treated extremely effectively by Remedial massage.
Who Can Benefit?
Sports & Remedial Massage is for everyone.
It benefits anyone with muscle and joint problems, injuries, aches or tension. These can arise from the stresses and strains of everyday life: lifting and carrying boxes or children, gardening, long distance driving, sitting at a computer for long periods, or the demands of pregnancy.
Before undertaking any treatment, Vital Hands’ clients receive a consultation to establish the best treatment programme and prevent reoccurrence.
The benefits of Sports & Remedial Massage include:
- – improvement in common conditions such as sciatica, whiplash and repetitive strain injury
- – greater range of movement and increased flexibility
- – speeding up the muscle recovery process
- – relief for asthma sufferers
- – boosting circulation
- – improving and realigning scar tissue following surgery or injury
- – improved posture and body awareness
- – a highly effective form of stress control and relaxation